Web Apps vs Cloud Apps
Apps are, no doubt a very useful and powerful tool for everyone. Generally, apps provide a bunch of facilities and the collection mainly includes the likes of vital analytics, growing audience engagements, enhance the communication channels, and optimizing the business process and many more facilities.
Cloud apps and web apps are the most common used apps nowadays. To be honest, they are facing neck-to-neck in the race of popularity. The line between web apps and cloud apps are not always cleared. Many of us get confused about it. They are similar in many cases but different from technical terms. To have a clear understanding of them, let’s have a close look at them.
About web apps
We are using web apps in our daily life. It includes online banking, WebEx, online shopping, paying bills, and many other applications with limited options for consumers.
Social media apps like Facebook, YouTube, etc. are also included in the list. These apps offer customized services for the massive people
Many websites lunch their web apps for providing extra services to their consumers.
Web apps benefits
While using web apps, one can enjoy several benefits. The strong benefits are:
- Through a web browser, users can get access to this from anywhere
- Web apps permit their users to use it without even downloading the apps. This eliminates the limitations of the hard drive.
- These apps can be run from any device or operating system. For this reason, web apps become compatible, and users can use it easily.
- Web apps don’t need much maintenance and support of the app developer’s end. While using it to the user’s device, they also need fewer requirements. It reduces the costs of the app development company’s and makes it easy to use.
- The best part of web apps are, they don’t save any sort of user’s information while using it. They verify the information of the user.
- Subscription-based web applications reduce piracy.
- Users can easily update their apps without reinstalling, and they can maintain it from the multi-device.
- The set-up for web apps takes a couple of minutes. Provide URL, fill name, and update the password, and they are done.
- Expert server administrators maintain and monitor the dedicated server, on which web apps are deployed.
- While there is much workload, they don’t crack. A new server will be added to the system.
About Cloud apps
The cloud app is considered as an evolved web app. But while developing an app to cloud apps, some features should be possessed:
- Through web browsers, cloud apps can be used, or it can be pre-installed on devices. It requires an internet connection on a PC or smartphone to use.
- Various services are offered to reach the client’s needs, such as backup, storage, security, etc.
- Cloud apps can be customized following users requirements
- To support full offline mode, data should be cached locally
Besides, Google, Yahoo, Microsoft, the renowned could apps, there are also some popular cloud applications development companies, such as Dropbox, Salesforce, Zoho, Evernote, NetSuite, and many more.
Cloud apps benefits
Besides the network availability or access to shared pooled resources, cloud apps offer their users to work more conveniently. The benefits of cloud apps are given below
- Users can customize their service as per their requirements
- Cloud apps can be online and offline. They provide board computing capability
- Cloud apps’ resources are full. For that reason, they can serve multi consumers whether the need is physical or virtual
- The actual price of cloud apps depend on the usage of the software
- They are useful for business by involving storage, memory, processing, bandwidth, network, etc.
- Streamlining the work process and profit is enhanced because of the performance and availability of the cloud apps
- The users are not required to install the cloud app on their server, they can automatically use the app’s functions
- While using cloud apps, the app developer’s interaction or management effort is very low
- For using some extra facilities which are provided by the cloud apps, users need to pay extra rather than buying the whole feature. And so they can get quick access to their necessary applications
- Provided resources can be controlled, monitored, and reported. This ensures the transparency to the resource provider and the consumers
Difference between cloud apps and web apps
In some important points, cloud apps and web apps are different from each other. The key differences are
- The structure of web apps and cloud apps is the main difference. As both apps need an internet connection, cloud apps can work without web browsing in some cases. Users can access cloud apps from anywhere without web interference. On the contrary, web apps cannot be thought without an internet connection
- Cloud apps provide the feature of customizations on the consumers’ demand. But web apps don’t have such functions for customizing their service. They are universal for all users.
- Cloud apps offer their customers multi-tenancy. On the other hand, web apps are not designed the ability of multi-tenancy, and they are not able to fulfill the requirements of users
- While web apps verify the clients’ identifications, cloud apps don’t have such a verification system. Moreover, web apps verify it from the enterprise’s data service and don’t store the information. If such security systems are added into the cloud apps, they would be more secure to use
- Cloud apps come with security and sophisticated back-end, which has a warranty. Moreover, it also has multiple access and scalability supported. Web apps cannot do so because the data are stored in a remote server and can be delivered only through online.
App development companies can rely on various technologies to meet up the consumer’s demand. But the availability of more advantages of technology and advanced development helps them to make it more consumer-friendly, and on the horizon, there is so potential brimming.
However, using the new technological age demand apps are responsive, affordable, and agile. New features of cloud apps and web apps offer various methods and has made our life easy since the beginning.